"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

9/11/10

Carl Sandburg Quotes


"A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” ~Carl Sandburg

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way." ~Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)

"If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell." ~Carl Sandburg

"In the night the cabbages catch at the moon, the leaves drip silver, the rows of cabbages are a series of little silver waterfalls in the moon." ~Carl Sandburg

“In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning.” ~Carl Sandburg

"It is necessary for a man to go away by himself ... to sit on a rock and ask, 'Who am I, where have I been, and where am I going?" ~Carl Sandburg

"Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by." ~Carl Sandburg

"Life is like an onion: you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep." ~Carl Sandburg

"Nothing happens unless first a dream." ~Carl Sandburg

"Poetry is an echo, asking the shadow to dance." ~Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." ~Carl Sandburg

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." ~Carl Sandburg

"Valor is a gift. Those having it never know for sure whether they have it till the test comes. And those having it in one test never know for sure if they will have it when the next test comes." ~Carl Sandburg

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝