"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/16/10

OG MANDINO Quotes


"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." ~Og Mandino

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." ~Og Mandino

"Count your blessings. Once you realise how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence." ~Og Mandino

"Do all things with love." Og Mandino

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” ~Og Mandino

"I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge." ~Og Mandino

"I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? I look on all things with love and be born again." ~Og Mandino

"I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars." ~Og Mandino

"I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit." ~Og Mandino

"I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods I will control my destiny." ~Og Mandino

"I will not fail as the others, for in my hands I now hold the charts (the Ten Scrolls) which will guide me through perilous waters to shores which only yesterday seemed but a dream." ~Og Mandino

"I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul." ~Og Mandino

"It is those who concentrates on but one thing at a time who advance in this world. The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside his or her specialty or foolishly dissipates his or her individuality." ~Og Mandino

"Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously." ~Og Mandino

"Realise that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." ~Og Mandino

"The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside her specialty or foolishly dissipates her individuality" ~Og Mandino

"The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories" ~Og Mandino

"The master of a single trade can support a family. The master of seven trades cannot support himself. The wind is never for the sailor who knows not to what port he is bound." ~Og Mandino

"The victory of success will be half won when you learn the secret of putting out more than is expected in all that you do." ~Og Mandino

"The weakest living creature, by concentrating his powers on a single object, can accomplish good results while the strongest, by dispersing his effort over many chores, may fail to accomplish anything. Drops of water, by continually falling, hone their passage through the hardest of rocks but the hasty torrent rushes over it with hideous uproar and leaves no trace behind." ~Og Mandino (1923-1996)

"Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished." ~Og Mandino

"Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail." ~Og Mandino




FULL PHRASE

“I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and I will be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.” ~Og Mandino (1923 - ) 

VERSE

"Seep into my other mind,
that mysterious source
which never sleeps,
which creates my dreams,
and often makes me act
in ways I do not comprehend.

My vigor will increase,
my enthusiasm will rise,
my desire to meet the world
will overcome every fear
I once knew at sunrise,
and I will be happier
than I ever believed it possible
to be in this world
of strife and sorrow."
~Og Mandino (Scroll I)

BIO

Born as AUGUSTINE OG MANDINO to Italian parents, he wrote The Greatest Salesman in the World which contains the "time-tested wisdom of the ancients distilled into ten simple scrolls" which, if followed for the prescribed ten months.

As the words of these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind I will begin to awake, each morning, with a vitality I have never known before.

The scrolls each have a principle designed to replace bad habits built up over a lifetime which "threatens to imprison my future" (Scroll I) with good habits developed through a ten-month process of studying the scrolls.

They are:
* Scroll I – I will form good habits and become their slave.
* Scroll II – I will greet this day with love in my heart.
* Scroll III – I will persist until I succeed.
* Scroll IV – I am nature's greatest miracle.
* Scroll V – I will live this day as if it is my last.
* Scroll VI – Today I will be master of my emotions.
* Scroll VII – I will laugh at the world (Keep perspective)
* Scroll VIII – Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
* Scroll IX – I will act now.
* Scroll X – I will pray for guidance.

Mandino's main philosophical message is that every person on earth is a miracle and should choose to direct their life with confidence and congruent to the laws that govern abundance. He wrote in Scroll I, "I will not fail as the others, for in my hands I now hold the charts (the Ten Scrolls) which will guide me through perilous waters to shores which only yesterday seemed but a dream." Og was also a proponent of taking action now. In Scroll IX, the phrase I will act now is written 18 times. He claimed that all successful people take on their own lives by "charting" or consciously choosing both the desired destination and the path to reach it.

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝