"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/12/10

PABLO NERUDA Quotes


"All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are." ~Pablo Neruda

“At night I dream that you and I are two plants
that grew together, roots entwined,
and that you know the earth and the rain like my mouth,
since we are made of earth and rain.”
~Pablo Neruda, Regalo de un Poeta

"By night my Love, tie your heart to mine, and the two together in their sleep will defeat the darkness." ~Pablo Neruda

“I crave a love so deep, the ocean would be jealous." ~Pablo Neruda

"I learned about life from life itself, love I learned in a single kiss and could teach no one anything except that I have lived with something in common among men, when fighting with them, when saying all their say in my song." ~Pablo Neruda (July 12, 1904—September 23, 1973) in "Ode to the Book," found in Selected Poems

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close." ~Pablo Neruda

"I spin on the circle of wave upon wave of the sea." ~Pablo Neruda

"I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees." ~Pablo Neruda

"If we are not single-minded about keeping our lives moving, and for once could do nothing, perhaps a huge silence might interrupt this sadness of never understanding ourselves." ~Pablo Neruda

"In the end, everyone is aware of this: nobody keeps any of what he has, life is only a borrowing of bones." ~Pablo Neruda

"Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us." ~Pablo Neruda

"Love is so short, forgetting is so long." ~Pablo Neruda

"Maybe nothingness is to be without your presence, without you moving, slicing the noon like a blue flower, without you walking later through the fog and the cobbles, without the light you carry in your hand, golden, which maybe others will not see, which maybe no one knew was growing like the red beginnings of a rose. In short, without your presence: without your coming suddenly, incitingly, to know my life, gust of a rosebush, wheat of wind: since then I am because you are, since then you are, I am, we are, and through love I will be, you will be, we will be." ~Pablo Neruda

"On our earth, before writing was invented, before the printing press was invented, poetry flourished. That is why we know that poetry is like bread; it should be shared by all, by scholars and by peasants, by all our vast, incredible, extraordinary family of humanity." ~Pablo Neruda

“Peace goes into the making of a poem as flour goes into the making of bread.” ~Pablo Neruda

"Someday, somewhere - anywhere, unfailingly, you'll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life." ~Pablo Neruda

"Tonight I can write the saddest lines." ~Pablo Neruda

"We the mortals touch the metals, the wind, the ocean shores, the stones, knowing they will go on, inert or burning, and I was discovering, naming all these things: it was my destiny to love and say goodbye." ~Pablo Neruda

“Where does the rainbow end, in your soul or on the horizon?” ~Pablo Neruda

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming." ~Pablo Neruda

✻ღ♥*✿*•♥ღ✻

VERSES

"But I love your feet
only because they walked
upon the earth and upon
the wind and upon the waters,
until they found me." ~Pablo Neruda

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

"I love you

as certain dark things, 

are to be loved,
in secret,

between the shadow
and the soul..."
~Pablo Neruda

♥*✿*•♥

"Then Love knew it was called Love,

And when I lifted my eyes to your name,

Suddenly your heart showed me my way."
~Pablo Neruda

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

“We are dust, we shall forever be dust
Neither air, nor fire, nor water
but
earth
We shall only be earth
and perhaps
some yellow flowers.”
~Pablo Neruda

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

"We the mortals touch the metals,
the wind, the ocean shores, the stones,
knowing they will go on, inert or burning,
and I was discovering, naming all the these things:
it was my destiny to love and say goodbye." ~Pablo Neruda in Still Another Day

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝